Certified Pilates & Personal Trainer - Wilmington & Pike Creek
Jessica G Ramsey - Passionate Owner
With nearly 25 years’ experience in the fitness industry, Jessica Ramsey has seen a lot of trends come and go. No matter what the latest craze might be, the most important components in the business of fitness are professionalism, respect for clients, uncompromised safety, continuing education, and over-preparation. Jessica is so happy to work with a staff of people who share her passion and vision. They have helped her to create two beautiful studios, since opening the first in 2008, where clients are seen by a single, ultra-attentive trainer in a comfortable, private setting.
Jessica worked full time while receiving her degrees in Biology and Chemistry from the University of Delaware. When she left the field of oncology clinical research, working on breast, lung, and colorectal cancer studies, and focused on her fitness career, it immediately became a passion. With her STOTT Pilates and ACE Personal Trainer certifications, she focuses on correct alignment, posture and muscle recruitment to maximize her clients’ time and efforts. With three young children at home along with the juggles of everyday life, Jessica knows the value of every hour!
Fitness success is not about pushing 300 lbs off of your chest or squatting the weight of a small car. It’s about “daily living”. What good is all of that muscle if you don’t have solid balance, perfect posture, a pain-free body, and the energy to move it?!?!
WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT PHYSICORE
I enjoy the personal relationships we develop with one another as we alleviate pain and injuries. The studios provide such great support!
- ACE Certified Group Exercise - 20 years (1996)
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer - 18 years (1998)
- STOTT Pilates 8 years (2008)
- Education: AAS Chemical Technology 1994 Delaware Technical and Community College; BA Biology with Chemistry Minor 1998 University of Delaware
- Favorite exercise: Burpees (it covers everything!)
- Favorite healthy snack: Carrot sticks and Triscuits with an avocado half as a bowl
personal fitness routine
- 2 days per week: Resistance Training
- 2-3 days per week: Mat & Apparatus Pilates
- 1-2 days per week: Rock Climbing
- 4-5 days per week: Walking/ Hiking
Career trainers, not check chasers. PhysiCore Trainers (certified in Pilates, Functional Resistance, yoga and Golf Fitness) are educated and experienced in safe and effective fitness programs, to construct a personalized approach for achieving your wellness goals.